Designers Against Aids (DAA) is an organization that spreads HIV awareness among young people worldwide by using elements from pop culture to spread the safe sex message. DAA is international. DAA is national. DAA is creative. DAA is a place for opportunities. DAA is family. DAA is …. You?
We would like to invite you to join us at our education center, because IHAEC (International HIV/AIDS Awareness Education Center) is now looking for new volunteers to help our cause.
What does it involve?
IHAEC is a place where young people from all over the world are invited to learn how to set up HIV awareness campaigns, the DAA way. DAA wants to raise HIV awareness by using elements from pop culture. We work mostly online by using social media and our website (www.designersagainstaids.com) but also organize events, fashion campaigns, shoots and the like.
The idea is to communicate to young people about two messages: Prevention is the only cure for HIV, so protect yourself and your partner’ and ‘Know your status’
You will be given the opportunity to join in our blog on the DAA website, where you will write about the experiences you are having and will share new found information about HIV/AIDS, safe sex and everything to do with it.
Of course, this is not all we do! We collaborate with big companies such as Eastpak, JBC and international celebrities to promote our message. You will join in on our creative team and help come up with original campaigns for these collaborations and for their promotion.
You can also find DAA at events, such as music festivals, Gay Pride, World AIDS Day, … where we work together with you to set up creative ways to promote our presence there and to talk about safe sex with young visitors.
Since we are big on social media, you will also communicate using Facebook, Twitter, … not only speaking out about our messages but also gain new followers and likes.
Last but not least, we love to look at each volunteer individually. Because of this, we offer you a personal project on which you can work with the support of DAA. This can be a new safe sex video or an idea for a new campaign, it’s all up to you!
What do we expect from you?
- Able to start in October and work until December 20
- Between 18 and 25 years old
- Creative, curious and open-minded
- Up-to-date and passionate about social activism, media and the global health situation
- Enthusiastic and confident
- Willing to work and live in a tolerant multi-cultural community environment
- Organized and professional attitude
- Capable of good priority management with multiple projects and responsibilities
- Team player, responsible
What do we offer?
- A fun and cozy working environment
- A lot of variety in tasks
- Opportunity to add value to your CV
- An invaluable lesson in how social media can be used for a good cause
- For international volunteers: a place to stay
This includes: a room, bathroom and toilet shared with one other
Lunch and dinner prepared by Designers Against Aids together with you
DAA is You!
Does this sound like you? Then don’t hesitate to send us an e-mail asap at: email@example.com with your motivation letter and CV.