As I was browsing the internet for some information on how condoms save lives, I came across this ‘survival website’. Apparently condoms can help you survive in more than one way. Besides helping you in having safe sex, you can use condoms in case you get lost in the wilderness or something. Creek Stewart found some interesting ways a condom can save your life. I’m going to leave out all of the survival stuff, as I don’t know anything about it. But let me sum up what the condom can be used for:
1. As they are designed to be water tight, condoms can be used as water containers. They can hold as much as 2 liters if you use them correctly. Condoms are extremely elastic. Of course, keep in mind that the latex is very thin and very vulnerable to sharp objects.
2. Make it burn! Condoms are ideal to keep your dry fire tinder just that, dry. Besides that, the condom itself can be used as fire tinder.
3. Food? I had my doubts when I read this one. No worries, no food storage happening over here. In this case condoms are used to make a killer slingshot.
4. Next up: first aid. We know what doctor’s gloves are made of: LATEX. No need to be a brainiac for this one. It will protect your wound from getting infected.
5. If you own a riffle, you can keep it clean by putting a condom over the muzzle.
6. Get your fish with a condom fishing bobber. Bob Bob Bob!
7. 3 words: Cast Away – Wilson